Andrew G. Witik is a partner in the Insurance practice at Tressler LLP. He has over 25 years of experience representing insurance companies, corporations, municipalities and individuals in declaratory judgment actions, contractual disputes, bad faith claims and appeals in both federal and state courts throughout the United States. He has an emphasis on construction defect litigation, representing contractors in construction disputes.
Drew also has experience with a variety of coverages including general liability, professional liability, commercial auto, property, businessowner’s and homeowner’s policies. He has successfully prevailed in Illinois cases of first impression applying the business risk exclusions and the false pretense exclusion. In addition, he has assisted in drafting professional liability policy provisions and exclusions and claim repairs.
- Kmart Corp. v. Footstar, Inc. and Liberty Mutual Fire Insurance Co., 777 F.3d 923 (7th Cir. 2015)
- Konstant Products, Inc. v. Liberty Mutual Fire Insurance Co., 401 Ill. App. 3rd 83, 929 N.E. 2nd 1200 (1st Dist. 2010)
- Joe Cotton Ford, Inc. v. Illinois Emcasco Insurance Co., 389 Ill. App. 3rd 718, 906 N.E. 2nd 1279 (1st Dist. 2009)
- Illinois State Bar Assn. Mutual Ins. Co. v. Coregis Insurance Co., 355 Ill. App. 3rd 156, 821 N.E. 2nd 706 (1st Dist. 2004)
- Pekin Insurance Co. v. Pulte Home Corp., 344 Ill. App. 3rd 64, 800 N.E. 2nd 466 (1st Dist. 2003)
- Kenny v. Assurance Co. of America, 325 Ill. App. 3rd 904, 757 N.E. 2nd 596 (1st Dist. 2001)
- Farmers Auto Insurance Association v. Williams, 321 Ill. App. 3rd 310 746 N.E. 2nd 1279 (2nd Dist. 2001)
- Richard Marker Associates v. Pekin Insurance Co., 318 Ill. App. 3rd 1137, 743 N.E. 2nd 1078(2nd Dist. 2001)
- Pekin Insurance Co. v. Willett, 301 Ill. App. 3rd 1034, 704 N.E. 2nd 923 (2nd Dist. 1998)
- National Union Fire Insurance Co. v. Glenview Park Dist., 158 Ill. 2nd116, 632 N.E. 2nd 1039 (1994)
- Milz v. MJ Meadows, Inc., 234 Ill. App. 3rd 281, 599 N.E. 2nd 1290 (1st Dist. 1992)
- National Union Fire Insurance Co. v. Glenview Park District, 230 Ill. App. 3rd 578, 594 N.E. 2nd 1300 (1st Dist. 1992)
- Enblom v. Milwaukee Golf Development, 227 Ill. App. 3rd 623, 592 N.E. 2nd 190 (1st Dist. 1992)
- M.S. Kind Associates, Inc. v. Mark Evan Products, Inc., 222 Ill.App. 3rd 448, 584 N.E. 2nd 180 (1st Dist. 1991)
- Bolanowski v. Mc Kinney, 220 Ill.App. 910, 581 N.E. 2nd 345 (1st Dist. 1991)
- Waste Management, Inc. v. International Surplus Lines Insurance Co., 144 Ill. 2nd 178, 579 N.E. 2nd 322 (1991)
- Waste Management, Inc. v. International Surplus Lines Insurance Co., 203 III. App. 3d 172, 560 N.E. 2d 1093 (1st. Dist. 1990)
Drew has achieved an AV® Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell, which is a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him at the highest level of professional excellence. Prior to joining Tressler, Drew was a partner at Lewis Brisbois. After law school, Drew served as Law Clerk to Illinois Appellate Court Justice Edward J. Egan.
Publications & Presentations
- “Business Owner’s Policies and Transferring Risk,” NBI Webcast Seminar, September 14, 2016
- “Litigating the Common Interest Community Claim: Strategies and Pitfalls,” 2nd Annual Midwest Construction Defect & Dispute Conference, Minneapolis, August 18, 2016