Liner, Katherine K. Partner
Orange County, CA2 Park PlazaSuite 1050Irvine, CA 92614
- T: 949.336.1212
- F: 949.752.0645
- V Card
- Practice Areas
Education J.D., University of Illinois College of LawB.A., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Bar AdmissionsCalifornia , 1989
- Court AdmissionsU.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, U.S. District Court (C.D. of CA), U.S. District Court (E.D. of CA)
Liner, Katherine K. Partner
Practice FocusKatherine Liner advises and represents insurers with respect to various types of insurance policies and coverage issues involving commercial and personal lines policies and first-party and third-party claims. She has litigated coverage disputes, bad faith claims, contribution and subrogation actions and complex environmental/asbestos insurance coverage matters. She has represented insurers in insurance coverage matters involving hundreds of millions of dollars of alleged asbestos liability and bankruptcy-related issues.
Katherine’s trial and litigation experience includes practice in state and federal courts and before the American Arbitration Association. She has defended corporate and individual clients in a variety of matters involving toxic tort, product liability, breach of contract, premises liability, wrongful death and professional negligence.
Professional BackgroundKatherine joined Tressler in 2005 after a 16 year-career with Morris, Polich & Purdy LLP. She is currently Managing Partner of the firm’s Orange County office.
In 2009, she was named to the Southern California Super Lawyer® list in the area of Insurance Coverage.
Memberships & Affiliations
Katherine enjoys judging and coaching trial and appellate moot court programs for high school and law students and is active in her community. She has been Co-President and Secretary of NaSHiM – Women of Congregation Shir Ha-Ma’alot from 2014 – 2017 and was the co-chair of the fundraising committee of the Irvine-Kadima Chapter of Hadassah, a philanthropic organization, in 2008 and 2009.
Katherine is also a member of the Orange County Bar Association.
- Extra! Extra! Extracontractual Liability and Claims Handling (Volume 13, Issue 3&4, April 2016)
- Extra! Extra! Extracontractual Liability and Claims Handling (Volume 13, Issue 2, February 2016)
- Extra! Extra! Extracontractual Liability and Claims Handling (Volume 12, Issue 12, December 2015)
- Commercial General Liability Dispatch (Volume 5, Issue 6, June 2014)
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of an insurer in an action by alleged additional insured claiming status based on certificate of insurance in Nevada
- Successfully defended a design professional in an AAA arbitration seeking damages for alleged negligence and overbilling
- Bar Admissions