Sullivan, Kenneth M. Partner
Chicago233 S. Wacker Drive22nd FloorChicago, IL 60606
- T: 312.627.4085
- F: 312.627.1717
- V Card
- Practice Areas
Education J.D., The John Marshall Law SchoolB.A., Northern Illinois University
- Bar AdmissionsIllinois , 1989
- Court AdmissionsTrial Bar for the Northern District of Illinois, U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, U.S. District Court (C.D. of IL), U.S. District Court (N.D. of IL), United States Supreme Court
Sullivan, Kenneth M. Partner
Practice FocusKenneth is a trial attorney with more than 20 years of litigation experience representing both the public and private sectors. Kenneth has brought over 10 civil jury trials to verdict, first chaired multiple bench trials in state and federal courts and regularly represents clients in injunctive and other equitable relief hearings, administrative hearings, arbitrations and mediations.
In the private sector, Kenneth has successfully represented business entities of all sizes ranging from individual or family owned businesses to Fortune 500 companies. His experience ranges from matters involving consumer class action litigation, securities fraud litigation, prominent anti-trust litigation, complex contract actions, business torts, accounting and legal malpractice actions, prominent First Amendment litigation, employment litigation, lender liability litigation, bankruptcy adversary proceedings, professional licensing matters, real estate litigation, derivative actions, general commercial litigation and civil rights litigation.
Kenneth has extensive experience in a wide variety of civil litigation matters including class actions, employment discrimination litigation and constitutional law matters. As a Special Assistant Attorney General, Kenneth has represented the Governor, Secretary of State and other cabinet level and state officials.
In addition, Kenneth advises clients on the litigation risks for cyber liability and compliance with state and Federal privacy laws. Relying on his experience with commercial litigation, class action lawsuits and creditors' rights, Kenneth advises clients on the consequences and potential damages after a data breach and provides clients with a litigation strategy prior to a lawsuit being filed as well as after litigation has been initiated seeking damages related to an unauthorized disclosure of personal information.
Professional BackgroundThrough the recommendation of attorney colleagues, he has been selected for inclusion in the business litigation section of the Illinois Super Lawyers® list for nine years, most recently in 2017.
Prior to joining Tressler in August 2010, Kenneth was Managing Member of Sullivan & Associates, LLC, a commercial litigation law firm that he founded. Before that, he was a partner with a large, Chicago-based law firm and a member of its Litigation and Public Law Practices.
Kenneth began his legal career in 1989 as an Assistant Attorney General in the General Law/Civil Division of the Illinois Attorney General’s Office. In this capacity, he represented multiple state agencies in federal and state court, as well as before multiple administrative agencies.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- Moose International, Member
- Defended an online optics retailer from a 13-count complaint
- Jointly defended six individuals in a complaint alleging breach of contract
- Defended an individual investor in an SBIC Act limited liability company
- Defended a petroleum byproducts refinery in claims alleging breach of contract concerning distribution of recycled petroleum byproducts.
- Represented a U.K.-based furniture designer in a fraud and patent infringement case brought against an Illinois furniture manufacturer and distributor.
- Defended third party claims brought against a Maryland-based technology company for contribution in an action to quiet title by the plaintiff title insurance company.
- Defended a mid-sized, chemical distributor in a complaint alleging Illinois Trade Secret Act violations and theft of intellectual property.
- Prosecuted claims against a residential real estate development corporation
- Prosecuted legal malpractice, common law fraud and breach of fiduciary duty claims on behalf of a former pension fund administrator against his former attorneys.
- Defended a residential construction firm against claims alleging breach of contract and Illinois Consumer Fraud Act claims over retention of non-refundable earnest money.
- Represented a Texas-based petroleum production company from claims brought by federal court receivers for client’s alleged participation in an alleged Ponzi scheme.
- Bar Admissions