Luther, Ryan B. Associate
Orange County, CA2 Park PlazaSuite 1050Irvine, CA 92614
- T: 949.336.1222
- F: 949.752.0645
- V Card
- Practice Areas
Education J.D., University of San Diego School of LawUniversity of San Diego Institute on International and Comparative LawB.A., University of California, Santa Barbara
- Bar AdmissionsCalifornia , 2001
- Court AdmissionsU.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, U.S. District Court (C.D. of CA), U.S. District Court (E.D. of CA), U.S. District Court (N.D. of CA), U.S. District Court (S.D. of CA)
Luther, Ryan B. Associate
Practice FocusRyan Luther is an Associate in the Insurance and Litigation practices. He represents insurance companies in litigation involving complex insurance coverage disputes pertaining to general liability, professional liability, property insurance, reinsurance and various other lines of coverage, claims for insurance bad faith and lawsuits among insurance companies for equitable contribution, subrogation and indemnity. Ryan has extensive experience in advising and representing insurance companies in connection with claims and litigation involving coverage for underlying environmental disputes, construction defect actions, product liability disputes, intellectual property matters, and claims for bodily injury and wrongful death.
Ryan also has substantial experience in advising and representing sureties, developers and contractors in complex construction transactions and disputes.
Professional BackgroundRyan attended the University of San Diego School of Law, where he was a Merit Scholarship recipient and received the award for “Best Brief.” While in law school, Ryan also completed courses in international law and international trade at the University of San Diego Institute on International and Comparative Law in Paris.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance, Member
- Surety Claims Association of Los Angeles, Vice President and Secretary/Treasurer, 2007-2008
- Prevailed in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit in obtaining affirmation of summary judgment supporting our client’s denial of any duty to defend an underlying trademark dispute pursuant to a “prior publication” exclusion.
- Obtained judgment on behalf of our client against another insurer confirming that insurer’s obligation to pay in excess of $1 million to defend and indemnify a common insured
- Secured dismissal of a lawsuit filed in the Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles
- Obtained dismissal of litigation in the U.S. District Court, District of New Mexico
- Obtained summary judgment in the U.S. District Court, Central District of California resolving priority of coverage issues in favor of our client
- Obtained rescission of a commercial general liability insurance policy issued to an importer of defective plumbing products in the U.S. District Court, Central District of California, based upon certain misrepresentations made in the underwriting process.
- Bar Admissions