David focuses his practice on complex insurance coverage and bad faith matters, appeals, and the use of Alternative Dispute Resolution involving errors and omissions, commercial general liability, media, personal lines and first-party property claims.
David regularly acts as national coverage counsel for major insurance companies and, during his more than 20 years of experience, has advised insurers with respect to insurance coverage, drafting of policy language and claims handling issues. He regularly handles alterative dispute resolutions and appeals of complex insurance matters across the United States and abroad.
David’s reported decisions include:
- Big 5 Sporting Goods Corp. v. Zurich American Ins. Co., 2013 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 100757 (C.D. Cal. July 10, 2013).
- Hartford Cas. Ins. Co. v. Swift Distribution, Inc., 210 Cal.App.4th 915 (2012)
- Clinical Research Inst. of S. Oregon v. Kemper Ins. Cos., 191 Or.App. 595, 84 P.3d 147 (2004)
- Century Surety Co. v. United Pacific Ins. Co., 109 Cal.App.4th 1246 (2003)
- Twin City Fire Ins. Co. v. Ennen, 2000 U.S. Dist. Lexis 6609 (E.D. Cal. 2000), aff’d, 2003 U.S. App. Lexis 7673 (9th Cir. 2003)
- Myers v. Allstate Ins. Co., 989 F.Supp. 1250 (C.D. Cal. 1997).
David joined Tressler in 2002. Prior to joining the firm, he practiced insurance coverage and coverage litigation with a Chicago-based firm and then a boutique firm in Los Angeles.
As a reflection of his accomplishments, he has been selected for inclusion on the Southern California Super Lawyers® list each year since 2006.
David is proficient in French and fluent in Persian.
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
David is a frequent contributor to Tressler’s Commercial General Liability Dispatch
, a monthly publication. He has served as a co-chair of the firm’s annual "Hot Topics in Insurance Law" seminar.
A sampling of his presentations includes:
- “Cyberliability Insurance Deconstructed” at Tressler’s “New World Insurance Issues | 2013 Seminar” in Los Angeles, October 10, 2013.
- "Duty to Settle Under California Law," at an in-house client seminar, November 2012.
- "Coverage B: Personal & Advertising Injury Liability Coverage," at an in-house client seminar, December 2011.
- "Coverage Issues: Intellectual Property Claims and Unfair Business Practices," a private client webinar, January 2010.
- "Duty to Settle Third Party Claims," at the 2009 PLRB Claims Conference in Seattle, March 2009."California Claims Handling, Settlement Practices and Compliance With California Fair Claims Practices Regulations, at an in-house client seminar, March 2009.
- "Cutting Edge Claims Issues – 2009," a Tressler hosted seminar in New York, February 2009.
- "Investigating, Resolving and Evaluating Construction Defect Claims," at an in-house client seminar, November 2008.
- "Advertising Injury / Personal Injury Updates," at Tressler’s Hot Topics in Insurance Law seminar, September 2007.
- "Development’s in California’s ‘Personal and Advertising Injury’ Law," at Tressler’s Hot Topics in Insurance Law seminar, October 2005.