During his presentation, Mike will address the following topics:
- Putting a Discipline Policy in Place Proactively
- What To Do When There is No Policy Addressing an Offense
- Evaluating Employee Performance While Mitigating Liability
- What Goes in the Discipline/Discharge Letter?
- At What Point Should Discharge Be Considered?
- Minimizing Liability When Discharging an Employee
- Common Mistakes to Avoid During Discharge
- Waivers and Releases - Their Use After Termination
The “Human Resource Law From Start to Finish” seminar will take place in Chicago from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. For additional information, CLICK HERE.
About the Speaker
Mike Zimmermann concentrates his practice in local government law, commercial litigation and employment law. For more than 17 years, he has served as general counsel to Chicago-area municipalities and their leaders, representing them in day-to-day legal issues and as municipal prosecutor. He advises elected officials and administrative staff on general business matters, development, personnel, Tax Increment Finance (TIF) Districts and other tax incentives, code enforcement and public policy issues. He also defends and prosecutes a full range of matters that often involve unique local government concerns, including the following:
- Zoning and development, land use and eminent domain
- Personnel and employment discrimination claims
- Civil rights issues
- Administrative review law