Kristin Bagull is a skilled estate planning and taxation lawyer who advises clients on all aspects of asset protection, disability planning, business succession planning and corporate matters. She regularly assists clients on a wide range of trust and guardianship litigation matters; and prepares complex estate and gift tax returns as well as income tax returns for estates.
Kristin counsels both individual and corporate fiduciary clients and other professional advisors on a wide range of complex trust and estate administration issues. She also assists with individual, estate and business audits at both the state and federal level.
In addition, she is experienced in representing clients in the formation and reformation of legal entities, and in drafting buy-sell, employment and partnership agreements as well as sophisticated operating agreements and phantom stock plans. REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE
A sampling of her experience includes:
- Drafting sophisticated estate plans that included lifetime qualified terminable interest property (QTIP) trusts, generation skipping trusts, intentionally defective grantor trusts, private foundations and prenuptial agreements.
- Preparing complex trust accountings, estate and gift tax returns, and income tax returns for estates, trusts and individuals on an annual basis.
- Developing strategies for negotiating with the IRS during individual audits.
- Counseling non-U.S. citizens on various international planning needs.
- Assisting in tax controversies before the United States Tax Court
- Handling probate administrations
Kristin joined Tressler LLP as Senior Counsel in January 2012. Previously she practiced in several boutique law firms located in Chicago and the surrounding suburbs while also earning an LL.M. in Taxation from Northwestern University School of Law in May 2009.
While in law school at Loyola University School of Law, Kristin was a member of the Sutherland Rich Intellectual Property Law Moot Court Team, which was a regional semi-finalist in 2001-2002.