Drew, Daniel D. Of Counsel
Chicago233 S. Wacker Drive22nd FloorChicago, IL 60606
- T: 312.627.4105
- F: 312.627.1717
- V Card
- Practice Areas
Education J.D., University of Illinois College of Law , 1985B.S., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign , with high honors , 1982
- Court AdmissionsU.S. District Court (N.D. of IL)
Drew, Daniel D. Of Counsel
Practice FocusDan Drew counsels and advises clients on business and legal issues involving every stage of the life cycle of a business. He regularly represents family offices and small and medium-sized companies in nearly every legal aspect of formation, operation, compliance and planning for such businesses, and specifically regarding financing and acquisition or divesture of assets. Larger companies primarily seek Dan’s counsel regarding specific transactional matters.
Dan represents a wide range of clients in real estate, financing and transactional matters. He is very experienced in handling legal issues related to commercial real estate acquisition and development; retail sales; wholesale and retail petroleum; construction; and all aspects of financing, including real estate and asset based financing; tax increment financing, government incentives and other creative funding vehicles.
He represents businesses from a range of industries, including a national developer of luxury RV resorts; a manufacturer of luxury recreational vehicles; an Illinois resort developer; a developer of General Services Administration (GSA) buildings; a petroleum wholesaler/retailer with more than 40 retail locations and quick change oil facilities in Illinois and Wisconsin; and numerous other real estate developers and businesses.
As a former in-house legal counsel and with his experience as a CFO, Dan possesses both business and legal acumen that he uses in tandem to effectively solve each client’s problems or assist them in achieving their business goals. Client goals are always the focus.
Professional BackgroundDan became Of Counsel to Tressler in September 2013. He formed Daniel D. Drew P.C. in 2005 and continues the practice out of offices in Oak Brook, Ill. He is an Illinois licensed real estate broker and has personally partnered in the development of real estate.
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- DuPage County Bar Association
- Closed or oversaw closing of more than 500 real estate and lease acquisitions and instituted national program with title insurers, surveyors and other vendors to achieve cost savings as counsel for publically traded client.
- Decreased real estate outside counsel fees by more than 50 percent through standardization of lease and acquisition documentation and increased paralegal participation at publically traded company.
- Coordinated critical aspects of $1 billion divestiture of subsidiary, including drafting, counsel to officers, contact with investment bankers and oversight of due diligence.
- Counsel for acquisition and continued operation of manufacturer of customized motor coaches.
- Counsel to officers, directors and principals of corporations engaged in national sales of durable goods.
- Responsible for all aspects of review and response to eminent domain issues affecting real estate portfolio.
- Managed all real estate, closing and approval issues related to purchase or ground lease and subsequent development of new to industry retail commercial locations
- Bank counsel for asset based and real estate based loans, including aviation assets. Reworked financial covenants package for use with computerized document system for local banks.
- Borrower counsel for asset based and real estate based loans, including conduit and securitized loans.
- Lead counsel in $200 million planned unit development river resort community in Ottawa, Illinois, including utilization of tax increment financing, recovery zone bonds and ongoing development of hotel and marina uses.
- Developer or lender counsel regarding several tax increment financed projects.
- Court Admissions