Ventura, Dennis N. Partner
Chicago233 S. Wacker Drive22nd FloorChicago, IL 60606
- T: 312.627.4089
- F: 312.627.1717
- V Card
- Practice Areas
Education J.D., The John Marshall Law SchoolB.S., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Bar AdmissionsIllinois , 2004
- Court AdmissionsU.S. District Court (N.D. of IL)
Ventura, Dennis N. Partner
Practice FocusDennis Ventura is a partner in the Insurance practice. He represents insurers in various litigation and non-litigation insurance matters, including claims related to commercial general liability coverage, employment practices liability coverage, excess/umbrella liability coverage and professional liability coverage. He represents insurers in a broad range of insurance matters involving state and federal law throughout the country, and has extensive experience handling claims involving personal and advertising injury, clergy abuse litigation against institutional insureds, additional insured issues, and long-tail claims such as environmental and lead paint exposure claims.
Memberships & Affiliations
- DRI, Member
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- Chicago Committee on Minorities In Large Law Firms, Member
- Recoupment of Defense Costs©
- Workers' Compensation Acts and Exceptions to the Exclusivity Bar
- Commercial General Liability Dispatch (Volume 7, Issue 3, March 2016)
- 2016 "Personal and Advertising Injury" Liability Coverage: An Analytical Approach to Claims
- Personal and Advertising Injury Liability Coverage: An Analytical Approach to Claims
- Coverage For Intellectual Property Claims Under the CGL Policy
- 2017 “Personal and Advertising Injury” Liability Coverage Update
- Obtained from the Wisconsin Court of Appeals affirmance of the lower court’s finding that the insurer owed no duty to defend on the basis that the “Breach of Contract” exclusion precluded any “personal and advertising injury” liability coverage for the underlying tortious interference with contracts claim.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of insurer and finding of no coverage for underlying claim seeking economic losses against the insured.
- Obtained dismissal in favor of insurer for claims by underlying plaintiff alleging fraud, misrepresentation and civil conspiracy, with respect to previously negotiated global settlement.
- Negotiated several settlements on behalf of insurer regarding coverage disputes relating to underlying clergy abuse claims, that included lost policy issues.
- Negotiated settlement on behalf of insurer regarding coverage dispute relating to underlying discrimination claims against municipal insured, that included satisfaction of self-insured retention and allocation issues.
- Negotiated global settlement on behalf of insurer and insured relating to underlying negligence claims and a quadriplegic plaintiff.
- Bar Admissions