Winfrey, Diana L. Partner
Los Angeles1901 Avenue of the StarsSuite 450Los Angeles, CA 90067
- T: 310.862.2279
- F: 310.203.4850
- V Card
- Practice Areas
Education J.D., University of Missouri – Kansas City School of LawB.A., University of Missouri – Kansas City
- Bar AdmissionsCalifornia , 1985
- Court AdmissionsU.S. District Court (C.D. of CA), United States Supreme Court
Winfrey, Diana L. Partner
Practice FocusDiana L. Winfrey is a partner in the Insurance practice. She represents insurance companies in coverage and related matters, with an emphasis on construction defect cases involving multiple primary and excess policies, as well as OCIP (Wrap Up) policies. Diana’s practice also includes coverage analysis for first- and third-party general liability, aviation and products liability claims. In addition to addressing insurance coverage issues, she counsels clients regarding underwriting and issues related to the drafting of policy language and endorsements, as well as claims handling and other business practices.
Diana has over 20 years of experience in construction, both from a defense and insurance coverage standpoint, that provide her a unique ability to evaluate coverage claims from a global perspective. She works closely with claim representatives to assist in overall strategy for claims investigations, with a goal for early resolution.
Professional BackgroundPrior to joining Tressler, Diana was a partner in the Insurance practice at Selman Breitman’s Los Angeles office. She has been listed among Who’s Who of American Women and Who’s Who in American Law.
Memberships & AffiliationsClaims & Litigation Management Alliance, Member
DRI, Chair of Construction Law Committee’s Insurance Coverage SLG
American Inns of Court, Member
Presentations & Events
- Represented insurer in negotiating a settlement of a construction defect claim for less than policy limits, where damages sought exceeded $20 million, by effectively asserting numerous and significant coverage defenses.
- Represented insurer in negotiating a settlement of a multi-million dollar construction defect claim under an OCIP policy
- Represented insurer in claim involving the death of an individual during construction activities
- Represented an insurer in a claim involving serious injuries to a pilot of a small aircraft. The claim included numerous coverage issues relative to coverage for the pilot, loss of consortium to the pilot’s spouse and damage to the aircraft itself.
- Represented an insurer in a multi-million dollar shareholders derivative action, based on trademark violations and the alleged breach of an exclusive distribution/dealership agreement, ultimately declining coverage.
- Represented an insurer in a coverage dispute regarding coverage for a purported additional insured accused of sexual harassment to an insured employee during the performance of construction work.
- Represented an insurer to pursue contribution from other insurer in a medical malpractice claim.
- Represented an insurer in a claim involving construction defects to residential property and dispute with co-carrier for contribution.
- Bar Admissions