Pahl, Douglas J. Of Counsel
Los Angeles6100 Center DriveSuite 1175Los Angeles, CA 90045
- T: 310.203.4836
- F: 323.486.2704
- V Card
- Practice Areas
Education J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law , 1978A.B., Duke University , with distinction in Economics , 1975
- Bar AdmissionsCalifornia , 1978
- Court AdmissionsU.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, U.S. District Court (C.D. of CA), U.S. District Court (E.D. of CA), U.S. District Court (N.D. of CA), U.S. District Court (S.D. of CA), United States Supreme Court
Pahl, Douglas J. Of Counsel
Practice FocusDoug Pahl is an experienced litigator who represents clients in aviation and aviation related products liability matters. He has represented component-part manufacturers, pilots, airports, fixed base operators, maintenance and overhaul facilities, mechanics, vendors and sub-contractors. He is skilled in representing clients in the entire claims-handling process, from first notice of the loss to resolution of the claim by settlement or trial. He has also pursued and defended subrogation claims.
Doug is seasoned in handling all types of personal injury and wrongful death claims. He has experience with aircraft damage and hull claims, diminution in value, loss of use, and loss of revenue and profit claims.
In addition to his aviation practice, Doug is experienced with insurance coverage and disputes for both first-party and third-party claims. He has handled bad faith claims and other insurance and contractual disputes. His other litigation experience includes environmental and toxic exposure, employment and wrongful termination, unfair business practices and misappropriation of trade secrets and proprietary information.
Doug has achieved an AV® Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell, which is a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him at the highest level of professional excellence.
Professional BackgroundDoug joined Tressler in May 2013. Previously he was a partner with the law firm of Kern & Wooley LLP. He has been admitted to practice pro hac vice in Nevada, Utah, Hawaii and Wisconsin.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Aviation Insurance Association, Member
Plaintiff’s Case Deflated Because Hot Air Balloon Was Not A Common Carrier. Specialty Lines Advisory. September 25, 2017.
- Obtained policy limits for injured minor at motocross park requiring briefing of express assumption of the risk (waiver and release) and primary assumption of the risk.
- Provided counsel to International carrier for dismissal of manager for improper conduct without resulting in an incident to the other employee involved or lawsuit against the company.
- Successfully defended company against bailment claim for stolen aircraft by proving company complied with industry standard.
- Obtained defense verdict for a fixed-base operator
- Successfully resolved a case on behalf of a helicopter owner/operator defendant in apassenger’s permanent brain injury case as a result of a helicopter collision with power lines.
- Successfully assisted in obtaining a verdict against an engine manufacturer for faulty maintenance instructions, which caused a crash resulting in permanent brain injuries.
- Successfully defended a manufacturer of an aircraft engine component part against claims of defective design and manufacture, which allegedly caused the failure of the engine and resulting crash of a helicopter.
- Defended a bad faith insurance claim against an insurance company
- Bar Admissions