Johnson, Jennifer Jerit Of Counsel
Chicago233 S. Wacker Drive61st FloorChicago, IL 60606
- T: 312.627.4107
- F: 312.627.1717
- V Card
- Practice Areas
Education J.D., Loyola University Chicago School of Law , 1985B.A., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign , with distinction , magna cum laude , Economics , 1982
- Bar AdmissionsIllinois , 1985
- Court Admissions
- Trial Bar for the Northern District of Illinois,
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit,
- U.S. District Court (C.D. of IL),
- U.S. District Court (N.D. of IL),
- U.S. District Court (S.D. of IL),
Johnson, Jennifer Jerit Of Counsel
Jennifer is an experienced trial lawyer with over 30 years of experience in the courtroom. She represents individual, corporate and insurance clients in litigation matters involving product liability, toxic torts, asbestos, other torts, construction litigation, trucking lawsuits and insurance claims.
Jennifer has defended breast implant lawsuits for a national manufacturer; she is counsel for an emergency siren company in numerous suits brought by firefighters for occupational hearing loss; and, she was recently named to a client’s national trial team. Jennifer is also national coordinating counsel for a diacetyl seller in numerous toxic tort suits.
As an advocate for her clients, Jennifer provides proactive and practical strategies to reduce their risks and claims.
Jennifer joined Tressler LLP as an associate when the firm was founded in 1986. She became a partner in 1992. She was the first woman president of the Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel (IDC). In May 2009, Jennifer was honored as a "Corporate Woman of Achievement" by the National Association of Women Business Owners.
She has achieved an AV® Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell, which is a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank her at the highest level of professional excellence. Also as a reflection of her accomplishments, Jennifer has been selected by Leading Lawyers® Network as a "Leading Lawyer" in the areas of Personal Injury Defense Law: General, Products Liability Defense Law, and Toxic Torts Defense Law. In 2009, she was named a "Top Woman Lawyer in Illinois" by Leading Lawyers® magazine. Jennifer was again selected for inclusion in 2021 Illinois Super Lawyers® and selected by her peers in the 26th Edition (2020) and the 27th Edition (2021) of The Best Lawyers in America® for Insurance Litigation.
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association, Member
- Defense Research Institute, Member, (formerly served on the Board of Directors; former Chair of Trial Tactics & Techniques Committee)
- Federal Trial Bar, Member
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel (IDC), Member; First Woman President, 2003-2004; former Member of Trial Academy Committee; former Chair of Diversity in Participation Committee; former Editor-in-Chief of IDC Quarterly
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- Lake County Bar Association, Member
- Tressler LLP Celebrates 35th Anniversary: A Legacy of Legal Excellence
- 10 Tressler Attorneys Recognized as 2021 Illinois Super Lawyers
- 10 Tressler Attorneys Recognized as 2020 Illinois Super Lawyers
- Tressler Celebrates Jennifer Jerit Johnson’s 35-Year Legal Career
- Nine Tressler Partners Selected as Best Lawyers in America© 2021
- Daniel Formeller, Jennifer Jerit Johnson and Todd Schenk Recognized in 26th Edition of The Best Lawyers in America
- 15 Tressler Attorneys Selected as 2019 Illinois Leading Lawyers
- 8 Tressler Attorneys Recognized as Illinois Super Lawyers
- Bar Admissions