Seeder, Marshall Partner
Chicago233 S. Wacker Drive61st FloorChicago, IL 60606
- T: 312.627.4021
- F: 312.627.1717
- V Card
- Practice Areas
Education J.D., Chicago-Kent College of Law , cum laude , with honors , 1980A.B., University of Chicago , 1971
- Bar AdmissionsIllinois , 1980
- Court AdmissionsTrial Bar for the Northern District of Illinois, U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, U.S. District Court (N.D. of IL), United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
Seeder, Marshall Partner
Marshall has been a commercial litigator for more than 35 years. He has represented Chapter 7 bankruptcy trustees, creditors and claimants in complex bankruptcy and receivership proceedings.
Marshall is highly experienced in complex commercial litigation including professional liability matters, contractual disputes and securities fraud. He has counseled clients on matters involving commercial disparagement and defamation, and interference with contractual rights. In addition, he has successfully handled cases related to financial reporting and fraud, including accountant liability and post-closure disputes in mergers and acquisitions. As outside general litigation counsel for an international motor carrier and logistics provider for many years, Marshall litigated numerous transportation related commercial and intellectual property disputes, as well as catastrophic personal injury and liability claims, throughout the United States.
Marshall joined Tressler LLP in March 2012 when his then-current firm, Raysa & Zimmermann LLC, merged with Tressler. Prior to joining that firm, he previously practiced in the Chicago office of Reed Smith and its legacy firm Sachnoff & Weaver.
He has achieved an AV® Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell, which is a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him at the highest level of professional excellence. In 2016, Marshall received a Distinguished Service Award from Chicago Volunteer Legal Services for his work with the Tressler La Grange Legal Clinic. He has been selected as a 2019 Illinois Leading Lawyer.
Marshall is active in professional associations and their committees, including the American Bar Association and he has also served as a member of the Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago. He served on that organization’s joint judicial committee responsible for drafting the local patent rules for the Northern District of Illinois.
Marshall was a Trustee of the Village of LaGrange Park, Illinois, from 2009 - 2013 and served as Chair of the Village Board’s Engineering and Capital Projects Committee. Prior to his election as Trustee, he served on the Village’s Zoning Board of Appeals for 10 years, and was its Chairman the last five years of his tenure.
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Constitution Society
- American Civil Liberties Union
- Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago
- Joint Committee of IPLAC and U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois for Development of Local Patent Rules, Member
- Litigation Committee, Former Vice-Chair
"Navigating Social Media Through a Municipal Law Channel," IMLA 2011 Annual Conference, September 13, 2011
"The Proposed Local Patent Rules for Governing the Scheduling and Conduct of Patent Litigation in the Northern District of Illinois," IPLAC Litigation Committee, Chicago, May 5, 2009
- Chapter 1, Intellectual Property Issues for Start-Up Companies, “The Intellectual Property Deskbook for Lawyers,” ABA Section of Business Law’s Committee on Intellectual Property
- “Punitive Damages in Commercial Transportation: A State by State Summary, Illinois,” Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section, Commercial Transportation Committee, 2007
- “Understanding Liability Issues for Streaming Media and VoIP,” Streamingmedia.com, March 9, 2006
Community InvolvementMember, Board of Directors, The LeaderShop, LaGrange, IL
- Bar Admissions