Kolar, Robert D. Partner
Chicago233 S. Wacker Drive61st FloorChicago, IL 60606
- T: 312.627.4194
- F: 312.627.1717
- V Card
Education J.D., The John Marshall Law School , Elected to the Order of John MarshallIllinois Institute of Technology , PhysicsB.S., Roosevelt University , Physics and Mathematics
- Bar AdmissionsIllinois , 1967Texas , 1994, 1968
- Court AdmissionsTrial Bar for the Northern District of Illinois, U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, U.S. District Court (C.D. of IL), U.S. District Court (E.D. of OK) - pro hac vice, U.S. District Court (E.D. of PA) - pro hac vice, U.S. District Court (M.D. of AL) - pro hac vice, U.S. District Court (N.D. of GA) - pro hac vice, U.S. District Court (N.D. of IL), U.S. District Court (N.D. of IN), U.S. District Court (S.D of MS) - pro hac vice, U.S. District Court (S.D. of AL) - pro hac vice, U.S. District Court (S.D. of IN) - pro hac vice, U.S. District Court (W.D. of LA) - pro hac vice, U.S. District Court (W.D. of MO) - pro hac vice, U.S. District Court of Minnesota - pro hac vice, U.S. District Court of South Carolina - pro hac vice, United States Supreme Court
Kolar, Robert D. Partner
Practice FocusRobert Kolar is an accomplished litigator and trial lawyer who has had extensive trial and appellate experience in state and federal courts. On a pro hac vice basis, he has practiced before state and federal courts in more than 35 States, with only three adverse verdicts within his entire career.
A former nuclear physicist, Bob utilizes this technical background to successfully represent clients in products liability and complex technical litigation. His skills and training enable him to effectively cross-examine plaintiff’s experts and to help juries understand what is sometimes highly technical evidence.
Bob has been lead counsel on numerous multimillion-dollar cases ranging from claims of severe burns to quadriplegia and sudden death. He has successfully defended, on trial and appeal, products such as toys and sporting equipment, amusement rides, heavy industrial machinery, medical devices and chemicals. He has been certified as an amusement ride safety inspector by the National Association of Amusement Ride Safety Officials.
Professional BackgroundBob received his J.D. from John Marshall Law School and was elected to the Order of John Marshall, which includes graduates in the top 15 percent of their class. From 1967 to 1973, he served on the adjunct faculty at the school. Bob worked in international patents during law school, and for several years thereafter, and is licensed to practice before the U.S. Patent Office.
Prior to earning his J.D., Bob was a Research Nuclear Physicist at the IIT Research Institute in Chicago, where he was involved in basic research in nuclear structure. In this position, he had the opportunity to send an instrument package on one of the first Lunar Surveyor missions to determine the composition of the Lunar surface. He also participated in the basic research in Nuclear Magnetic Resonance, which was the precursor to modern MRI devices.
Bob has achieved an AV® Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell, which is a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him at the highest level of professional excellence. Additionally, he has been recognized as a “Leading Lawyer” in a survey by Law Bulletin Publishing Company®.
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association, Member
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- Texas State Bar Association, Member
- Product Liability Sections or Committees of the Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel, Member
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel, Member
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- Bar Admissions