Taylor, Ryan Partner
Chicago233 S. Wacker Drive22nd FloorChicago, IL 60606
- T: 312.627.4032
- F: 312.627.1717
- V Card
- Practice Areas
Education J.D., DePaul University College of LawB.A., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Bar AdmissionsIllinois , 2005
- Court AdmissionsU.S. District Court (N.D. of IL)
Taylor, Ryan Partner
Ryan Taylor focuses his practice on commercial litigation including various business torts and professional liability matters.
Ryan represents clients in matters involving contract disputes, breach of fiduciary duties, and other business disputes. He assists clients on issues ranging from pre-litigation counseling to preparing cases for trial. Ryan also appears in both federal and state courts daily on behalf of a variety of corporate and municipal clients.
Ryan’s representation of clients includes obtaining the dismissal of a corporation in a breach of contract suit and defending the former agent of a professional athlete in proceedings involving claims for breach of fiduciary duty. Ryan also recently mediated a federal district court case that resulted in a favorable settlement on behalf of a corporation in a products liability lawsuit.
In addition, Ryan has previously represented a former Chief Financial Officer in a lawsuit brought against a Big Four accounting firm and two of its partners that settled on the eve of trial. In 2014, Ryan defended two corporations and its officers in two separate bench and jury trials in Illinois state court involving business tort claims. Ryan also regularly defends a number of corporate clients in premises liability and asbestos bodily injury matters.
Memberships & AffiliationsChicago Bar Association, Member
Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- Seventh Circuit Rules That Employers Can Be Liable For Employee’s Off-Duty Crimes
- Is Your Organization’s Retirement Plan A Money Pit?
- Northern District of Illinois Launches New Mandatory Initial Discovery Pilot Project
- Injuries Suffered At Company-Sponsored Events
- Generic LinkedIn Invitations Do Not Constitute Employee Solicitation In Illinois
- Wisconsin Research Institute Seeks 13M For Damaged Supercomputer
- Seventh Circuit Rules That Employees Requiring Extended Medical Leave Are Not Protected By The Americans With Disabilities Act
- Wisconsin Court Ruling: Injured Temporary Employees Can Bring Tort Claims Against Employers
- Tressler’s DePaul College of Law Alumni Proud to be Blue Demons
New Standardized Condo Project Questionnaires Provide Greater Consistency & Clarity for Lenders. Condo Law Watch. April 1, 2016.
New in 2016: The Condominium and Common Interest Community Ombudsperson Act. Condo Law Watch. February 10, 2016.
2016 Brings New Legislative Changes For Condominium Associations. Condo Law Watch. January 12, 2016.
- Bar Admissions