Baldwin, Shaun McParland Of Counsel
Chicago233 S. Wacker Drive61st FloorChicago, IL 60606
- T: 630.567.2393
- F: 312.627.1717
- V Card
- Practice Areas
Education J.D., The John Marshall Law School , with distinctionB.S., Northern Illinois University
- Bar AdmissionsIllinois , 1980
- Court AdmissionsU.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit, U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, U.S. District Court (C.D. of IL), U.S. District Court (E.D. of WI), U.S. District Court (S.D. of IN)
Baldwin, Shaun McParland Of Counsel
Shaun McParland Baldwin concentrates her practice in the areas of insurance coverage, bad faith, and other insurance-related services. Shaun has handled insurance related disputes and bad faith litigation throughout the country, and has served as a binding arbitrator on insurance related matters. She also has an appellate practice, and has briefed and argued over 40 appeals in state and federal courts of appeal.
Shaun advises and represents insurers in insurance coverage and bad faith litigation. She also provides other insurance-related services, such as policy drafting, risk assessment, troubleshooting, claims management and claims training. Shaun has litigated declaratory judgment actions in over 20 jurisdictions on a wide range of issues and involving a multitude of policies, including general liability, professional liability, advertisers liability, products liability, owner and contractor controlled insurance programs, environmental impairment, municipal liability, business auto, media, title and excess and surplus lines policies, among others. She is well known for her troubleshooting skills in complex insurance coverage disputes and her pragmatic approach to dispute resolution. She has served as a binding arbitrator in intercarrier disputes and as an expert witness.
For the sixteenth consecutive year, Shaun was selected for inclusion in Illinois Super Lawyers® and was again chosen by her peers to be listed in the 25th Edition of The Best Lawyers in America® (2019) for Insurance Law. She has also been designated as one of the Top 50 Women Illinois Super Lawyers® eight times, most recently in 2017. Since 2003, Shaun has been selected each year by Leading Lawyers® Network as a Leading Lawyer in insurance coverage.
In 2012, Shaun was elected a Fellow of the American College of Coverage and Extracontractual Counsel in acknowledgment of achieving “the highest standards of creativity, ethics, efficiency and scholarship” in the profession. Shaun has been elected as a Fellow of the American Bar Foundation. In May 2010, she was honored as a “Corporate Partner Woman of Achievement” by the National Association of Women Business Owners. In 2012, Shaun was elected a Fellow of the American College of Coverage and Extracontractual Counsel in acknowledgment of achieving “the highest standards of creativity, ethics, efficiency and scholarship” in the profession.
Shaun has achieved an AV® Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell, which is a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank her at the highest level of professional excellence. She is a frequent lecturer on insurance coverage law and has authored numerous articles and blogs on insurance-related topics.
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- DRI, Former Chair of the Insurance Law Committee, Chair of the 2016 Insurance Roundtable, Former Chair, Excess, Umbrella and Surplus Sub-Committee
- Illinois Appellate Lawyers Association, Past Director
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel, Past Director; Former Chair - Amicus Committee
- International Association of Defense Counsel, Former Chair - Casualty Insurance Committee
- The Foundation of the International Association of Defense Counsel, Past Director
- 15 Tressler Attorneys Selected as 2019 Illinois Leading Lawyers
- 8 Tressler Attorneys Recognized as Illinois Super Lawyers
- 11 Tressler Attorneys Recognized as Illinois Super Lawyers
- Shaun Baldwin and Todd Schenk Recognized in 25th Edition of The Best Lawyers in America
- Baldwin Published Blog Post on Disparagement for National Insurance Law Forum
- Bar Admissions