Brown, Bicvan Associate
Los Angeles1901 Avenue of the StarsSuite 450Los Angeles, CA 90067Orange County, CA2 Park PlazaSuite 1050Irvine, CA 92614
- T: 949.336.1633
- F: 949.752.0645
- V Card
- Practice Areas
Education J.D., Western State University College of LawCertificate, Duke University , International LawB.A., University of California, Irvine , Social Ecology
- LanguagesEnglish, Spanish, Vietnamese
- Bar AdmissionsCalifornia , 1999
- Court Admissions
Brown, Bicvan Associate
Bicvan Brown is an attorney in the Employment Litigation practice. She focuses her practice in all aspects of employment matters, including employment trials, arbitrations and mediations. She defends employers while providing advice and counsel against claims such as ADA, wage and hour (individual and class actions), FLSA, PAGA, FEHA, wrongful termination, sexual harassment, discrimination, retaliation and whistleblowing. She defends employers before state and federal agencies such as the EEOC, California Labor Commission and California Department of Fair Employment and Housing. She is fluent in Vietnamese and Spanish and she provides advice about as well as translates workplace policies, employee handbooks and agreements. She regularly speaks at seminars with the purpose of helping employers and their insurers regarding best practices to minimize risk in California.
Bicvan also has a general liability practice in post-foreclosure evictions, housing discrimination, catastrophic injuries, personal injuries and mass toxic torts.
Bicvan recently prevailed on summary judgment on behalf of an individual supervisor sued for age-based harassment, disability-based harassment and intentional infliction of emotional distress and she recently obtained a dismissal on behalf of a company sued for negligent supervision and retention.
Bicvan started her general liability practice in 1999 in a mass toxic torts action, using her Spanish language abilities. Since then, she has also defended Fortune 500 companies in catastrophic injury and personal injury matters and she has defended insurers in subrogation actions. She obtained a defense verdict in her most recent subrogation trial.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Vietnamese American Bar Association of Southern California, Member
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, Member
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance, Member
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS), Member
- Emerging Insurance Professionals, Member
- Orange County Asian American Bar Association, Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Section, Member
- Supreme Court to Review Enforceability of Class Action Waivers in October, Not June
- California Supreme Court Tightens Wage and Hour Rules
- Impressions of the 2018 NAPABA Convention– Promoting Asian-American Women in Law
- Wage and Hour Class Actions – Employers, Do Not Wake the Sleeping Giant
- In Addition to No Wage and Hour Liability Against Payroll Provider, Now No Contract and Negligence Liability
- Courts Continue to Enforce Arbitration Agreements
- Brown and Schlecht Support the Asian Business Association of Orange County
Employees vs. Independent Contractors – More Bad News for California Businesses: Dynamex Strengthened and Retroactively Applied. Specialty Lines Advisory. May 6, 2019.
In Addition to No Wage and Hour Liability Against Payroll Provider, Now No Contract and Negligence Liability. Specialty Lines Advisory. February 8, 2019.
Wage and Hour Class Actions – Employers, Do Not Wake the Sleeping Giant. Tressler Publications. January 25, 2019.
Impressions of the 2018 NAPABA Convention– Promoting Asian-American Women in Law. Tressler Publications. November 30, 2018.
Courts Continue to Enforce Arbitration Agreements. Specialty Lines Advisory. September 27, 2018
California Supreme Court Tightens Wage and Hour Rules. Tressler Publications. August 1, 2018.
Supreme Court to Review Enforceability of Class Action Waivers in October, Not June. Specialty Lines Advisory. February 10, 2017.
"Successfully Navigating the ADA-Required Interactive Process," Webinar to Knowledge Conferences, May 11, 2017
"PAGA/Class Actions/ADA Interactive Process," CLE webinar to Tressler LLP, May 17, 2017“How To Hire And Fire Employees,” September 19, 2017
“Leave Law Updates Including The California New Parent Leave Act,” January 23, 2018