Brown, Bicvan Associate
Los Angeles1901 Avenue of the StarsSuite 450Los Angeles, CA 90067Orange County, CA2 Park PlazaSuite 1050Irvine, CA 92614
- T: 949.336.1633
- F: 949.752.0645
- V Card
- Practice Areas
Education J.D., Western State University College of LawCertificate, Duke University , International LawB.A., University of California, Irvine , Social Ecology
- LanguagesEnglish, Spanish, Vietnamese
- Bar AdmissionsCalifornia , 1999
- Court Admissions
Brown, Bicvan Associate
Bicvan Brown is an associate in the Employment Litigation practice. She focuses her practice on labor and employment trials, arbitrations and mediations. She has experience in handling wage and hour claims and class actions, consumer class actions, workers’ compensation defense, and insurance defense matters. Bicvan also has a general liability practice in post-foreclosure evictions, housing discrimination, catastrophic injuries, personal injuries, and mass toxic torts.
Her litigation practice includes defending employment actions under the Fair Employment and Housing Act including gender, pregnancy, race, ancestry, color, religion, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, wrongful termination claims, whistleblower claims, wage and hour claims, class actions, FLSA collective actions, PAGA actions, harassment, and retaliation matters. Bicvan also represents employers in administrative actions before the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Department of Fair Employment and Housing, and the California Labor Commission.
Bicvan recently prevailed on summary judgment on behalf of an individual supervisor sued for age-based harassment, disability-based harassment, and intentional infliction of emotional distress. She also recently obtained a dismissal on behalf of a company sued for negligent supervision and retention.
Bicvan started her general liability practice in 1999 in a mass toxic torts action, using her Spanish language abilities. Since then, she has defended Fortune 500 companies in catastrophic injury and personal injury matters, and she has defended insurers in subrogation actions. She obtained a defense verdict in her most recent subrogation trial.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Vietnamese American Bar Association of Southern California, Member
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, Member
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance, Member
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS), Member
- Emerging Insurance Professionals, Member
- Orange County Asian American Bar Association, Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Section, Member
- Supreme Court to Review Enforceability of Class Action Waivers in October, Not June
- California Supreme Court Tightens Wage and Hour Rules
- Impressions of the 2018 NAPABA Convention– Promoting Asian-American Women in Law
- Wage and Hour Class Actions – Employers, Do Not Wake the Sleeping Giant
- In Addition to No Wage and Hour Liability Against Payroll Provider, Now No Contract and Negligence Liability
- Courts Continue to Enforce Arbitration Agreements
"Successfully Navigating the ADA-Required Interactive Process," Webinar to Knowledge Conferences, May 11, 2017
"PAGA/Class Actions/ADA Interactive Process," CLE webinar to Tressler LLP, May 17, 2017“How To Hire And Fire Employees,” September 19, 2017
“Leave Law Updates Including The California New Parent Leave Act,” January 23, 2018