Jabbour, Timothy Partner
Newark, NJ744 Broad StreetSuite 1510Newark, NJ 07102
- T: 973.848.2901
- F: 973.623.0405
- V Card
Education J.D., Seton Hall University School of LawUniversity of Scranton
- Bar AdmissionsNew Jersey , 2003
- Court AdmissionsU.S. District Court of New Jersey
Jabbour, Timothy Partner
Timothy Jabbour is a partner in the Litigation practice. His practice focuses on the representation of foreign and domestic insurers in both state and federal courts. Tim has more than 16 years of experience litigating defense matters and complex insurance coverage disputes in New Jersey and across the country. His extensive litigation experience includes handling complex coverage and defense matters across various lines including property/casualty, complex pollution/toxic tort, professional liability, products liability, employment practices liability, cyber/privacy liability, aviation and marine.
Tim joined Tressler in 2016 as the Managing Partner of Tressler’s New Jersey office. Prior to joining Tressler, Tim had been Senior Counsel with Clyde & Co. He has been selected for inclusion in the 2018 New Jersey Super Lawyers® listing and prior to that had been named to the Rising Stars list each year since 2013. The Super Lawyers list is issued by Thomson Reuters but has been formally approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
Memberships & Affiliations
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member
- Association of the Federal Bar of the State of New Jersey, Member
- International Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- Union County Bar Association, Member
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance, Member
- Defense of insureds in Professional Liability matters involving legal malpractice, insurance brokers, title agents, and other miscellaneous errors & omissions claims.
- Coverage analysis and related coverage litigation involving Professional and Management liability and Casualty/GL liability.
- Successfully obtained a multi-million dollar recovery for certain London Market Insurers against a managing general agent in connection with the coverholder’s failure to adhere to the obligations within a binding authority agreement.
- Negotiated multi-million dollar settlements with policyholder for various insurance clients in connection with policyholders’ claims for coverage under LHWCA liabilities.
- Successfully defended insureds for claims under the TCPA and FDCPA seeking significant compensatory and punitive damages.
- Represented a roofing equipment manufacturer in a product liability/personal injury action in Hudson County, New Jersey. The suit arose from an accident with a hot tar cart during a roofing job where the plaintiff tripped and fell through a roof hatch, pulling the cart in with him.
- Plaintiff suffered severe burns over his entire face and body. Plaintiff’s workers’ compensation lien for past and future medicals, lost wages and life time care exceeded $7.5 million. The plaintiff never made a settlement demand of less than $10 million. The jury returned a no cause for the client who was the sole remaining defendant at trial.
- Participated in the successful defense of a single site pollution claim in excess of $100 million for environmental coverage brought by a Fortune 500 chemical company. After four years of litigation, the client was awarded summary judgment.
- Successfully defended an insured’s claim for coverage for defective roofing products in excess of $250 million. The matter settled shortly before trial, with the client paying a nominal amount in settlement.
- Represented multiple clients in several Jones Act wrongful death/personal injury actions resulting in favorable settlements before trial.
- Bar Admissions