Jabbour, Timothy Partner
Newark, NJ744 Broad StreetSuite 1510Newark, NJ 07102
- T: 973.848.2901
- F: 973.623.0405
- V Card
Education J.D., Seton Hall University School of LawUniversity of Scranton
- Bar AdmissionsNew Jersey , 2003
- Court AdmissionsU.S. District Court of New Jersey
Jabbour, Timothy Partner
Practice FocusTimothy Jabbour is a partner in the Litigation practice. His practice focuses on the representation of foreign and domestic insurers in both state and federal courts. Tim has more than 14 years of experience litigating defense matters and complex insurance coverage disputes in New Jersey and across the country. His extensive litigation experience includes handling complex coverage and defense matters across various lines including commercial general liability, complex pollution/toxic tort, professional liability, products liability, employment practices liability, cyber/privacy liability, aviation and marine.
Professional BackgroundPrior to joining Tressler, Tim served as Senior Counsel at Clyde & Co. He has been selected for inclusion in the 2013 and 2014 New Jersey Super Lawyers® Rising Stars list for each of the past four years. The Super Lawyers list is issued by Thomson Reuters. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
Memberships & Affiliations
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member
- Association of the Federal Bar of the State of New Jersey, Member
- International Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- Union County Bar Association, Member
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance, Member
- Represented multiple clients in several Jones Act wrongful death/personal injury actions resulting in favorable settlements before trial.
- Successfully defended an insured for claims under the TCPA and FDCPA seeking significant compensatory and punitive damages. The matter was resolved in its’ infancy with the client paying a nominal amount in settlement.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of insured in connection with allegations of professional misconduct, breach of fair dealing and good faith and fraud.
- Successfully obtained a multi-million dollar recovery for certain London Market Insurers against a managing general agent in connection with the coverholder’s failure to adhere to the obligations within a binding authority agreement.
- Negotiated multi-million dollar settlements with policyholder for various insurance clients in connection with policyholders’ claims for coverage under LHWCA liabilities.
- Successfully defended multiple malpractice claims against a nationally recognized assisted living facility resulting in favorable settlements before trial.
- Represented a roofing equipment manufacturer in a product liability/personal injury action in Hudson County, New Jersey.
- Participated in the successful defense of a single site pollution claim in excess of $100 million for environmental coverage brought by a Fortune 500 chemical company. After four years of litigation, the client was awarded summary judgment.
- Successfully defended an insured’s claim for coverage for defective roofing products in excess of $250 million. The matter settled shortly before trial, with the client paying a nominal amount in settlement.
- Bar Admissions