Wilkins, Stacey L. Partner
Chicago233 S. Wacker Drive61st FloorChicago, IL 60606Bolingbrook, IL550 E. Boughton Rd.Suite 250Bolingbrook, IL 60440
- T: 312.627.4109
- F: 312.627.1717
- V Card
- Practice Areas
Education J.D., Chicago-Kent College of Law , cum laudeB.A., Miami University , magna cum laude
- Bar AdmissionsIllinois , 2009
- Court Admissions
- Trial Bar for the Northern District of Illinois,
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit,
- U.S. District Court (N.D. of IL),
- U.S. District Court (S.D. of IL),
Wilkins, Stacey L. Partner
Practice FocusMs. Wilkins is an experienced courtroom attorney. Her litigation practice is focused primarily in the areas of general defense litigation, insurance coverage and municipal law. She has successfully defended individuals, corporations, public entities (including park districts and schools), public employees and not-for-profit organizations, including child care centers and foster care/adoption agencies. Ms. Wilkins has advised and represented individuals, personal and commercial lines insurance companies, self-insured risk pools, corporations and municipalities in a variety of litigated defense matters. Ms. Wilkins’ practice includes both state and federal trial work as well as appellate work.Ms. Wilkins has achieved many defense verdicts in jury trials and bench trials in cases involving personal injury, wrongful death and survival, criminal assault, sexual abuse, products liability, and premises liability. She has also achieved many favorable outcomes prior to trial through dispositive motion practice, mediation and arbitration.Ms. Wilkins handles every phase of the litigation process with a sense of purpose, a focus on efficiency, and a pragmatic approach to getting to the best result possible as quickly as possible. She approaches her practice with an emphasis on case management and organization, and always promotes her clients; best interests. Her skilled and determined investigations have uncovered countless fraudulent claims and resulted in a number of sanctions awards against overreaching plaintiffs.
Prior to joining Tressler, Stacey was an associate at Stellato & Schwartz. While in law school, she received the CALI Awards for Excellence for highest grade in Legal Writing I, Constitutional Law & Religion, Lawyer as Investigator and Famous Trials in History. She also served as Vice President for the Moot Court Honors Society from 2008-2009. In 2019, Stacey was recommended by her Leading Lawyer peers as an Emerging Lawyer, has been named a Rising Star by Illinois Supers Lawyers since 2018 and was recently selected by her peers in the first edition of Best Lawyers in America©: Ones to Watch 2021.
Recent Articles and Blogs
New Law Requires Application and Screening of Park District Volunteers. Local Government Lowdown. September 25, 2017.
Appellate Courts Lead Park Districts Down a Dangerous Path. Local Government Lowdown. April 26, 2017.
- Seven Tressler Attorneys Selected as 2022 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America©
- Tressler LLP Celebrates 35th Anniversary: A Legacy of Legal Excellence
- Tressler's 2021 Illinois Rising Stars: Bassett, Harvey, Hess, Letcher, Walczak and Wilkins
- Davis, Harvey, Wilkins and Letcher Selected as Best Lawyers in America©: Ones to Watch 2021
- Six Female Tressler Attorneys Named 2019 Emerging Lawyers
- Tressler's 2018 Illinois Rising Stars: Harvey, Smith, Wilkins
- Tressler LLP Promotes Stacey L. Wilkins to Partner
- Bar Admissions