Tressler's Condominium and Common Interest Community Association Law attorneys represent hundreds of associations throughout the Chicago Metropolitan area. We have extensive experience servicing the needs of associations in a wide variety of contexts including: collection of delinquent assessments, counseling property managers and board of directors/managers regarding Illinois law and governing documents, review and negotiation of contracts, financing and loan documentation, property licenses, declaration and bylaw amendments, rule enforcement, violations and challenges, construction disputes, discrimination claims, legal updates and opinions.
Our attorneys have litigated numerous issues on behalf of associations in the state and federal courts. We also serve as panel counsel for various insurance companies to defend associations and their property managers in claims made against their D&O insurance policies.
Below is a detailed list of services our experienced attorneys can provide associations and property managers:
- Collection of Delinquent Assessments and other Charges.
- Foreclosure and Bankruptcy Monitoring.
- Answer Legal Questions Regarding Day-to-Day Operations and Governance from Board Members or Property Managers.
- Interpret and Provide Legal Opinions Regarding Provisions in Declarations, Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, Applicable Statutes and Caselaw.
- Review and Negotiate Contracts and Provide Opinions Regarding Same.
- Draft and Revise Governing Documents including the Declaration and Amendments thereto, and Bylaws and Amendments thereto, Rules and Regulations and Board Resolutions.
- Enforce Governing Documents including the Declaration, Bylaws and Rules and Regulations including Drafting Violation Notices and Attending Hearings.
- FHA Certification and Re-Certification.
- Attend and Oversee Regular Board Meetings, Annual Meetings and Election Meetings.
- Review, analyze and Interpret Insurance Policies and Provide Opinions Regarding Same.
- Guide Association through Transition from Developer Control and Address Turnover Issues.
- Serve as Registered Agent and Assist with Corporate Filings and Annual Reports.
- Review and Prepare Easement and License Agreements.
- Prepare and Review Loan Documentation.
- Litigate Construction Disputes and Claims Against Developers and Contractors.
- Litigate Housing discrimination Complaints.
- Review and Advise on Requests for Accommodations by Disabled Residents.
- Represent the Association in Federal and State Courts and Before Administration Agencies.
- Facilitate the Formation and Reinstatement of Corporate Status.
- Assist with Association Dissolutions and Distribution Plans.
- Preside over mediation or other Alternative Dispute Resolution Proceedings.
*Our services are offered at a competitive hourly rate or flat rate basis. To serve associations that need significant legal assistance, we offer competitive monthly retainer programs.
Get the latest Illinois HOA/Condo Law news on our blog, Condo Law Watch.
For more information, please contact us at (312) 627-4000 or email email@example.com. We look forward to working with you!